A New Day for Cataract Surgery
HARMONI® MODULAR IOL
Designed to provide complete confidence in surgical outcomes.
What is an IOL?
An intra-ocular lens (IOL) is an artificial lens implanted in the eye to treat cataracts.
CATARACT SURGERY TODAY
- Most frequently performed outpatient surgery in the world.
- Age related cataract is the leading cause of blindness.
- Excellent surgeons, IOLs and surgical technology deliver great safety outcomes.
- Patients, however, are frequently left with suboptimal vision because refractive power is difficult to predict.
- Existing options to modify refractive power are limited, difficult and risky.
- HARMONI helps surgeons select the right optic the first time with more predictable lens position.
- HARMONI enables a safe and easy replacement of the optic when required.
HARMONI® MODULAR IOL
The perfect choice for all cataract patients
The HARMONI Modular IOL features a base component and an optic component that work together in elegant simplicity. The base provides a solid foundation within the capsular bag and enables versatile control by securely receiving the optic component using traditional surgical tools. Both components of the HARMONI IOL are injected through a micro-invasive clear corneal incision. The versatile design of the Harmoni IOL is intended to incorporate a variety of lens configurations to customize vision to the patients’ needs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Solid foundation, versatile control
- Base and optic component work together in elegant simplicity
- Base component delivers solid foundation within the capsular bag
- Enhanced stability for a more predictable ELP
- Easy insertion through a micro-incision
- Optic component enables versatile control with portfolio of optic configurations and secure connection to base component
Technology for a lifetime
- Safe and easy replacement of the optic component
- Portfolio of optics enable vision to be customized to the patients needs
- One technology platform for all patients
- Predictable lens position enables enhanced refractive outcomes
- Safe and easy replacement of the optic component when required
- Refractive care for a lifetime, no matter what change in lifestyle or pathology a patient encounters
- Optimize premium IOL patients
- Easily align the toric meridian without manipulation of the capsular bag
- Optimize refractive outcomes of a multi-focal IOL
- Easily address a dissatisfied multi-focal patient with a change of refraction or conversion to monofocal or toric
ClarVista Medical, based in Aliso Viejo, California is a leading developer of innovative products to treat challenging ophthalmic conditions. In 2012 and in conjunction with series A financing, ClarVista was spun out from Prospex Medical, a medical device incubator, to pursue the development of the HARMONI IOL.
Between 2012 and 2014, the company developed the first generation HARMONI system, conducted a thorough first-in-human clinical study and developed a broad portfolio of intellectual property. In 2015, the company closed on a series B financing of $14M which was used to develop the second generation HARMONI system, initiate a larger feasibility clinical trial and obtain CE mark. In 2016, the company completed an interim analysis in its feasibility clinical study, initiated several other clinical studies, and began preparation for a US pivotal IDE study.
MD, Medical Director
Robert E. Atkinson
JD, General & IP Counsel
OD, VP of Clinical Affairs
Ali Behbahani, MD
Cycad Group, Senior Vice President
Santa Barbara, CA
Windham Venture Partners, Principal
New York, NY
Sept. 2016 Stability of modular intraocular lens system and a single-piece hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lens – J of Cataract Refract Surg, Link to article
July 2016 Optic replacement in a novel modular intraocular lens system – Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, Link to article
Sep. 2015 Evaluation of stability and capsular bag opacification of a new foldable adjustable intraocular lens – Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology, Link to article
Jan. 2014 ClarVista-Ophthalmology Times, Download PDF
Jan. 2017 Best Kept Secrets: Harmoni Modular IOL
Aug. 2016 ClarVista Medical’s patent portfolio expands with sixth issued U.S. Patent: 9,421,088 “Modular Intraocular Lens Designs, Tools and Methods”
Sept. 2015 ClarVista HARMONI Receives CE Mark
June 2015 ClarVista Medical completes one year follow-up on 30 patients implanted with the HARMONI system
26800 Aliso Viejo Parkway, Suite 120
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
ClarVista and HARMONI are registered trademarks of ClarVista Medical, Inc.